Your support has been registered
Project leader or investor ? Log in to join the dedicated discussion group.
An initiative for dialogue and development in the Mediterranean
SalaM supports sharing of ideas between civil society actors in the Mediterranean and supports innovative projects in areas that are considered as a priority in the region, in particular in the field of social and solidarity economy and sustainable development.
Being a platform for exchange, SALAM gives a voice to young civil society actors on both sides of the Mediterranean, so that they can jointly develop proposals for the future of the Mediterranean.
By bringing together actors under the age of 40, who are willing to contribute to the development and implementation of a positive agenda for the region, SALAM fosters dialogue between the two sides of the Mediterranean. It creates synergies for the joint development of projects and supports the leading role of civil society to imagine new solutions on common issues.
Actors that are supported under the framework of SALAM program are mobilized around 6 themes, which reiterate and expand on the axes of the “Commitments for a new ambition in the Mediterranean” signed during the Summit of the two shores held in Marseille, on June 2019:
– Knowledge and Mobility
– Sustainable Development
– Digital Innovation and Entrepreneurship
– Cities and Territories
SALAM program mobilizes innovative and committed civil society actors from 14 countries: Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Malta, Greece, Mauritania, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Lebanon,
The objective is to make the voice of Mediterranean youth heard and support their proposals to imagine how the Mediterranean will be by 2030.
Each working groups will present its solutions during the Mediterranean Forum, to be held in Marseille in 2022. They will provide input for the proposals made by France, for the Mediterranean, under the framework of the French Presidency of the European Union.
SalaM program gives voice to young actors from both sides of the Mediterranean through several mechanisms:
– Supporting 10 innovative micro-projects led by members of civil society around SDG 12, in order to take full advantage of the potential and collaboration at the regional level;
– Holding 3 regional meetings, to reflect together on the tools and mechanisms that are relevant to a sustainable dialogue in the Mediterranean;
– Mapping of actors and leaders of innovative projects on both sides of the Mediterranean to promote networking of actors and synergies;
– Setting up of a work and exchange platform, to enable debates and joint development of projects;
– Launching 6 thematic working groups to forge links, imagine solutions for tomorrow and develop concrete proposals.