Energy Efficiency in Agriculture
Environment, Sustainable Development and Circular Economy
Department of Development, Promotion and Valuation of Renewable Energies, (Algeria), GEMS Nano irrigation, (Morocco)
The project aims to establish an enabling framework for the quantitative and qualitative development of the solar pumping market for drip irrigation combined with nano irrigation. It aims to integrate sustainable energy sources, industrial integration of clean technologies and the creation of green jobs in the agricultural sector.
- A quality procedures and quality control benchmark for equipment and a certification system for installers set up and operational to upgrade the market for solar pumping combined with nano-irrigation
- Appropriate financing tools and incentive mechanisms proposed and implemented to facilitate access to finance, especially for small farmers
- A portfolio of 100 small businesses supported following an appropriate business model of services related to solar pumping and nano-irrigation,
- 400 managers, engineers and technicians from the public and private sectors trained on the quality approach of solar pumping projects and on saving irrigation water.
- A system for monitoring and evaluating the impact of the use of solar pumps in agriculture developed and implemented
- 40 demonstration projects carried out to test the support model and monitoring tools
Regional project that may be of interest to several agencies and departments concerned in countries on both shores of the Mediterranean
Countries involved : Morocco, Algeria
Small local businesses supported
Managers, engineers and technicians from the public and private sectors trained
Demonstration projects carried out
Moroccan Agency for Energy Efficiency (AMEE), Morocco (project manager coordinator)