The Mediterranean Investor Club
The South Region has been deploying a strong policy in favor of economic cooperation with players around the Mediterranean for several years. This is particularly illustrated by the organisation of the “Méditerranée du Futur” events, in particularly during the third edition dedicated to investment. In this context, the Region set up an Investor Club, the principles of which were presented on 25 November 2019 in Marseille.
The Investor Club gathers public and private investors from the two shores of the Mediterreanen sea, and its main goal is to facilitate the funding of mediterranean projects.
Its main aims are:
- Create a network of investors or institutions that have in common a look at investments around the Mediterranean Sea,
- Set sectoral priorities and draw recommendations for the Region; in particular to draw lessons from the economic consequences of the Covid-19 crisis, which is a common element for all actors and countries,
- Learn about projects (infrastructure, investment, start-ups) resulting from tenders led by the Region and its partners in other countries and make recommendations on their financing,
- Discuss and learn from experiences on the conditions for success of the investments
- Conduct or promote regular studies (barometer) on investment dynamics in the area concerned (geography and sectors) and on collaborative projects (infrastructure).
The Club is a group made up of members, investors, and associate members, marketplace institutions or associations. It is chaired by the President of the Southern Region.